Friday, January 29, 2010

Sewing

I had a really sad day last Thursday. I took the day off because I needed to clear my head and get some help. After talking to my buddy Breezy I felt a lot better. I also decided to talk to my mom. Mom's always know what's best. She prayed with me and gave me some goals. I told her that I needed a hobby and she reminded me that I have her sewing machine. We decided to go to Jo-Ann's and get a pattern and get me started on my hobby.
As you can see above I'm going to be making this simple skirt first and maybe the dress next to it, but it looks really complicated. I'm really excited for the color I chose for the skirt. It makes me happy!
I will start this Saturday and see what happens.
Oh and I bought Project Runway Scissors. Oh I love that show!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome (about the sewing, not the sadness)! Here's a link to a sweing blog Lindy follows, you should totally come over and have a crafty day with her!

    http://sewweekly.com

    Peace,
    PRD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet girl, for the kudos, but I think you would have come to a good conclusion yourself--I just popped out a few little concepts for you to consider!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Justin. That blog is awesome! I would love to sew with Lindy some day. Warning: I'm just starting and I'm not that good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I love to sew, but I am a very beginner too. We definitely should hang out and work on a simple project together :) I've never made clothes, but it sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so my favorites for the new season are anna, janeane, seth, and amy. then there's a few of the "unknowns" who finish middle of the pack every episode. they have yet to impress me or earn my dislike.

    ReplyDelete